Three things about this house:
- Almost every room is 106 year old plaster.
- The corners of the foundation sank approximately 5” in the last sixty years.
- Every single surface that is plaster has ⅛” hardboard glued to it. Yes. GLUED.
Now. Three things about this renovation:
- Completely replace and upgrade all electrical work.
- Insulate both exterior and interior walls for warmth, sound, and fireproofing.
- Save plaster, if reasonable.
The third bullet point was entirely of my own making and is admittedly probably some version of DIY harakari when coupled with House Fact #2. Back before we really started renovating, I was bored and went after the downstairs stair wall with water and a 5-in-1 scraper.Read More